This page shows all our alerts. These are Safety alerts, Medicine shortage alerts and Product recalls. You can sort the list with the filters on the left, use the search bar or both.
For more information see Product safety.
You can narrow down the results using the filters.
- Safety alertsZimmer Biomet, in consultation with the TGA, is issuing an Implant Hazard Alert for the NexGen Stemmed Cemented Option Tibial Component.
- Medicine shortage alertsTo assist with timely access for patients using cefalexin, the TGA has made a Serious Scarcity Substitution Instrument (SSSI).
- Substitution instrument to address shortage of Imdur Durules and Monodur Durules isosorbide mononitrate extended to 30 June 2023Medicine shortage alertsThe SSSI for isosorbide mononitrate 120mg modified release tablets is extended to 30 June 2023.
- Medicine shortage alertsTo assist with timely access for patients using amoxicillin, the TGA has made a Serious Scarcity Substitution Instrument (SSSI).
- Safety alertsSafety alert relating to CPAP and BiPAP face and nasal masks that contain magnets which may cause active implantable devices to malfunction
- Product recallsInsulet Australia Pty Ltd has received reports of problems with the Omnipod DASH Personal Diabetes Manager (PDM). These include battery swelling, fluid leaking from the battery and in rare cases, extreme overheating which may pose a fire hazard.
- Breast implants: Report of squamous cell carcinoma and various lymphomas in scar tissue around breast implantsSafety alertsOn 8 September 2022, the US Food and Drug Administration issued a safety communication about reports of squamous cell carcinoma and various lymphomas located in the capsule or scar tissue around breast implants.