This page shows all our alerts. These are Safety alerts, Medicine shortage alerts and Product recalls. You can sort the list with the filters on the left, use the search bar or both.
For more information see Product safety.
You can narrow down the results using the filters.
- Safety alertsThe TGA has received reports of liver problems experienced by consumers taking medicines containing turmeric or curcumin.
- Medicine shortage alertsThe TGA is aware of a shortage of all hydrocortisone tablet strengths due to manufacturing issues. We are working with the supplier Alphapharm Pty Ltd to manage the impact.
- Product recallsMentholatum Australasia Pty Ltd is recalling two batches of Natural Instinct Kids SPF50+ Clean Sunscreen 200mL topical cream and 50mL rollerball products after receiving reports that the sunscreen fluid is splitting into layers.
- Medicine shortage alertsWe have been notified of a current shortage of Ryzodeg 70/30 FlexTouch insulin prefilled pen, until 5 June 2024.
- Medicine shortage alertsThe supply of Ozempic (semaglutide) in Australia is improving however the shortage continues. Stay updated about how the shortage impacts you.
- Medicine shortage alertsWe have updated the information about these shortages with new details about affected products and a link to an additional resource for health professionals.
- Safety alertsThe TGA is warning consumers against taking EVE branded products that contain allylisopropylacetylurea (apronal) as they pose a significant health risk and are prohibited from sale, supply or use in Australia.
- Safety alertsA safety warning has been added to a class of medicines called Janus Kinase inhibitors used for chronic inflammatory conditions.
- Medicine shortage alertsWe continue to monitor antibiotic medicines in shortage and are seeking and prioritising applications for overseas alternatives to assist with supply.
- Medicine shortage alertsThere remains an increased global demand for semaglutide products which is impacting availability and certainty of supply of Ozempic (semaglutide) in Australia until early 2023.