This page shows all our alerts. These are Safety alerts, Product alerts, Medicine shortage alerts and Product recalls. You can sort the list with the filters on the left, use the search bar or both.
For more information see Product safety.
You can narrow down the results using the filters
- Safety alertsBreast implants: Report of squamous cell carcinoma and various lymphomas in scar tissue around breast implantsOn 8 September 2022, the US Food and Drug Administration issued a safety communication about reports of squamous cell carcinoma and various lymphomas located in the capsule or scar tissue around breast implants.
- Medicine shortage alertsThere remains an increased global demand for semaglutide products which is impacting availability and certainty of supply of Ozempic (semaglutide) in Australia until early 2023.
- Medicine shortage alertsBoehringer Ingelheim (BI) has advised the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) of a shortage of tenecteplase (Metalyse) injection that is predicted to extend over the next 18 months.
- Safety alertsJoint statement: Prioritisation of semaglutide (Ozempic) supply for people with type 2 diabetes during shortageJoint statement regarding Ozempic (semaglutide) shortage and prioritisation for people with type 2 diabetes.
- Medicine shortage alertsNew legislation has been passed allowing pharmacists to substitute a medicine when the patient's usual medicine is in 'serious scarcity'.
- Medicine shortage alertsThe TGA has issued Serious Shortage Substitution Notices for medicines containing olmesartan or prazosin as the sole active ingredient
- Medicine shortage alertsThe TGA is issuing Serious Shortage Substitution Notices for Estradot 25 and Estradot 100 transdermal patches