You are here
Regulatory decisions & notices (complementary medicines)
Complementary medicines decisions
- Complementary medicines: Cancellations from the ARTG following compliance review
Lists of complementary medicines cancelled from the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods
Complementary medicine notices
Older, revoked and superseded notices are available in the TGA Internet site archive.
- Update on proposed clarification that certain sports supplements are therapeutic goods
17 March 2020: Following the public consultation held in October-December 2019, an update to the proposed clarification that certain sports supplements are therapeutic goods has been published.
- Update to listed medicine ingredients in March 2020
10 March 2020: Listed medicine ingredients and requirements are updated in the Therapeutic Goods (Permissible Ingredients) Determination (No. 1) 2020.
- Outcomes: Low-negligible risk changes to Permissible Ingredients – March 2020
20 February 2020: The outcomes related to boron and Withania somnifera have been updated.
- Changes to the Permissible Ingredients Determination
11 December 2019: The Therapeutic Goods (Permissible Ingredients) Determination has been updated
- High-moderate risk changes to permissible ingredients - Andrographis paniculata
2 December 2019: New warning statement for listed medicines containing Andrographis paniculata
- Changes to the label warning statement requirements for menthol & methyl salicylate
2 December 2019: Updated requirements for listed medicines containing menthol & methyl salicylate
- Safety review of coumarin in topical listed medicines
2 December 2019: The TGA has conducted a safety review on coumarin in topical listed medicines
- Therapeutic Goods (Listed Medicines - Compliance Reviews) Specification 2019
27 November 2019: The Therapeutic Goods (Listed Medicines - Compliance Reviews) Specification 2019 commenced on the Federal Register of Legislation on 23 November 2019
- Therapeutic Goods (Permissible Indications) Determination (No.2) 2019
19 November 2019: The Therapeutic Goods (Permissible Indications) Determination commenced on the Federal Register of Legislation on 14 November 2019
- Information for sponsors on how to apply for consent to supply goods that do not conform to subsection 9(2) of Therapeutic Goods Order No. 92
31 October 2019: The TGA has published information for sponsors to apply for a Section 14 exemption regarding subsection 9(2) of TGO 92 which relates to the presentation of the medicine name on the medicine label
- Changes to propolis and royal jelly in listed medicine applications
29 October 2019: The system now allows equivalents in extracts or preparations of propolis and royal jelly to be correctly entered in the ARTG
- High-moderate risk changes to permissible ingredients - Caffeine
3 September 2019: New requirements for caffeine and caffeine-containing ingredients within listed medicines
- Marketing complementary medicines with soft gel capsules for children
15 February 2019: This information is still current as at 15 February 2019