You are here
The content on this page and other TGA archive pages is provided to assist research and may contain references to activities or policies that have no current application. See the full archive disclaimer.
Regulation of biologicals (human cell and tissue therapy products), February 2011
Cost recovery impact statement
The new Biological framework commenced on 31 May 2011. As the TGA recovers the full cost of its regulatory activities there will be regulatory costs for sponsors and manufacturers of Biologicals. The introduction of a comprehensive model for the regulation of all Biological gives rise to a significant change to the TGA's existing cost recovery arrangements. Accordingly, a Cost Recovery Impact Statement has been prepared in accordance with Australian Government Cost Recovery Guidelines July 2005.
*Large file warning: Attempting to open large files over the Internet within the browser window may cause problems. It is strongly recommended you download this document to your own computer and open from there.
- Cost recovery impact statement: Regulation of biologicals (human cell and tissue therapy products) (pdf,671kb)
- Cost recovery impact statement: Regulation of biologicals (human cell and tissue therapy products) (Microsoft Word,347kb)
- Australian Government cost recovery policy and guidelines underpinning biological cost recovery arrangements
- Design and implementation
- Costs to be included in charges
- Ongoing monitoring
- Periodic review
- Attachment A – HCT facilities in Australia as at December 2008
- Attachment B – Glossary of terms