Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG)
The ARTG is the public database of therapeutic goods that can be legally supplied in Australia. You can search the ARTG to find details of therapeutic goods approved for supply.
Information held in the ARTG includes:
- product name and formulation details
- sponsor (company) and manufacturer details.
For more details and how to use the ARTG search function go to Searching the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG).
Search results from the ARTG include Consumer Medicines Information (CMI), Product Information (PI) and Public Summary documents. Not all CMI and PI documents are available on this website.
View public, sponsor or manufacturer information on the ARTG
Search for health products on our register
Search the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) by name, ID or sponsor. Search results from the ARTG include Consumer Medicines Information (CMI) and Product Information (PI). Not all CMI and PI documents are available on this website.
Beta version of a new ARTG search tool
We've released a trial (beta) version of a new ARTG search tool
Please try the new tool and provide feedback.
Access to therapeutic goods not on the ARTG
As with many aspects of the regulatory framework, there are situations where special policies have been developed in response to the needs of particular people or circumstances. Information on these policies and the relevant procedures can be found at:
- Special access scheme
- Authorised prescribers
- Personal import scheme
- Clinical trials
- Accessing medicines during a medicine shortage
These schemes cannot be used to facilitate the commercial supply of therapeutic goods.
|Medical devices||1800 141 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Medicines||1800 020 email@example.com|
|Biologicals||1800 678 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|AANs and Proprietary Ingredients||1800 020 653||TGAnames@tga.gov.au|
|TGA eBusiness Services Help Desk||1800 010 email@example.com|
|Requests for searches and reports from the ARTG||1800 010 firstname.lastname@example.org|
- EvolutTM PRO+34mm Transcatheter Aortic Valve (TAV)Medtronic Australasia is informing customers about the serious risk of valve infolding for EvolutePRO+ 34mm Transcatheter Aortic Valve (TAV), item code - EVPROPLUS-34US.
- PholcodineThe TGA has decided to cancel the registration of pholcodine-containing medicines and is recalling them from pharmacies.
- How to find out what’s in your medicineWant to know what’s in your medicines? The obvious place to start is with the medicine’s label, but there may be more to it.
- First Mpox (monkeypox) test kit approved for AustraliaThe TGA has approved the first commercially supplied test kit for the detection of Mpox (monkeypox) virus.
- Changes to medical device essential principles for nanomaterialsEssential principle 7 now mentions nanomaterials explicitly (see EP 7.7)