Presentations: Codeine up-scheduling workshops, Melbourne, 28 November 2017
The TGA held a series of workshops on the up-scheduling of codeine in November 2017. Below are the presentations from the Melbourne workshop.
For further information about changes to medicines containing codeine, see the Codeine information hub.
- Delivering pain management in a rural setting
- Over the counter, down the hatch: OTC codeine use
- Pain - rethinking our approach to pain and the role of opioid therapy
- Alternative options to codeine in the pharmacy
- Additional communication and education activities to support the transition of codeine from over-the-counter to prescription only
- Changes to codeine product access
- Panel question and answer session
These presentation papers are provided on the TGA's website solely for the purpose of indicating or suggesting what TGA representatives spoke about to the various conferences and seminars to which it relates. The papers are not legislative in nature and should not be taken to be statements of any law or policy in any way.
The Australian Government Department of Health (of which the TGA is a part) advises that (a) the presentation papers should not be relied upon in any way as representing a comprehensive description of regulatory requirements, and (b) cannot guarantee, and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for, the accuracy, currency or completeness of the information contained in the presentation paper.