Improved search facilities from the eBS website
The TGA has launched an improved interface for the publicly accessible e-Business Services (eBS) website. TGA eBusiness Services is an online portal that provides separate functions for consumers, health professionals and industry.
The eBS hosts the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG), and provides publicly available information about current medicines and medical devices. The new changes will make it easier for health professionals and industry to:
- find information in the ARTG
- store and analyse ARTG search results.
Several changes and improvements have been made, including to:
- the public menu items for ARTG and Ingredient searches, with Proprietary Ingredients now separated from Ingredients
- the search pages, which now present a single search box and an explanation of what can be searched for and how to do so
- the format of the search results, which now is that commonly found for public information
- the portal view export function, which has been expanded to support exporting to Excel and XML, along with HTML.
The public menu items for ARTG and Ingredient searches have changed as shown in the before (left) and after (right) images below.
New search pages will present a single search box and an explanation of what can be searched for and how to do so for each of:
An example is shown below.
The resulting search will be in the format that is now common for public information across:
and the non-public Sponsor/Agent and ADR portal views (require log-in) of:
- Current ARTG Entries
- Consumer Medicine Information
- Product Information
- Manufacturer Information
- Medical Device Evidence.
The search results can be further filtered using the section at the top of the screen and sorted using any of the column heading in the results view. The image below shows the new Public ARTG search results page.
The portal view export function has been expanded to support exporting to Excel and XML, along with HTML. The values exported are consistent with the current view filter criteria and sort selection. This functionality will be common across all portal views.