- Media releasesTGA removes age limit for BBIBP-CorV (Sinopharm) COVID-19 vaccine recognition for international travel to AustraliaThe TGA has determined that the BBIBP-CorV (Sinopharm) COVID-19 vaccine will be 'recognised' for all ages for the purpose of establishing a traveller's vaccination status when entering Australia.
- Media releasesTGA commences evaluation of Moderna COVID 19 vaccine (SPIKEVAX) for children aged 6 months to 5 years oldThe TGA has received and commenced evaluation of an application to extend the use of its COVID-19 vaccine, SPIKEVAX, to children aged 6 months to 5 years old.
- NewsOn 10 July 2020 the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) granted provisional approval to remdesivir ("Veklury", Gilead Sciences Pty Ltd) as the first treatment option for COVID-19
- NewsOn 20 August 2021 the TGA granted provisional approval to GlaxoSmithKline Australia Pty Ltd in relation to sotrovimab (XEVUDY).
- Media releasesTGA grants provisional determination for the Moderna bivalent COVID-19 vaccine "SPIKEVAX Bivalent Zero/Omicron"On 27 April 2022 the TGA granted a provisional determination to Moderna Australia Pty Ltd in relation to its bivalent COVID-19 vaccine, elasomeran/elasomeran 0-omicron (SPIKEVAX Bivalent Zero/Omicron).