- Media releasesThe TGA has issued an infringement notice for $13,320 to Vaxine Pty Ltd of Adelaide for advertising an unapproved COVID-19 vaccine in alleged breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989.
- Media releasesTGA, part of the Department of Health, has granted a second provisional determination to Biocelect Pty Ltd (on behalf of Novavax Inc.) in relation to its COVID-19 vaccine, Nuvaxovid.
- Media releasesVictorian company Getafix Café Pty Ltd fined $13,320 for alleged unlawful advertising of COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test KitThe TGA has issued an infringement notice of $13,320 to Getafix Café Pty Ltd (the company) for an alleged breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 in relation to the advertising of a COVID-19 rapid antigen test on its website.
- Media releasesThe TGA is urging consumers to only purchase COVID-19 rapid antigen tests (RATs) that are approved for use in Australia to avoid the risk of poor test performance that could arise from using unapproved, repackaged or repurposed RATs.
- Media releasesThe TGA has issued an infringement notice for $2,664 to an individual for a NSW based herbal medicine practitioner for an alleged breach of the Advertising Code.
- Media releasesTGA provisionally approves AstraZeneca's combination therapy (tixagevimab and cilgavimab, EVUSHELD) - for pre-exposure prevention (prophylaxis) of COVID-19The TGA has granted provisional approval to AstraZeneca Pty Ltd for its tixagevimab and cilgavimab (EVUSHELD) for the prevention of COVID-19 in people who are at risk of infection but have not been exposed to the virus, known as pre-exposure prevention of COVID-19.