- Media releasesThe TGA has issued four infringement notices totalling $10,664 to an individual for alleged unlawful importation of COVID-19 rapid antigen tests (RATs).
- Media releasesThe TGA has issued one infringement notice totalling $2,664 to a Queensland based individual for alleged unlawful advertising of therapeutic goods in relation to COVID-19.
- Media releasesTGA removes age limit for BBIBP-CorV (Sinopharm) COVID-19 vaccine recognition for international travel to AustraliaThe TGA has determined that the BBIBP-CorV (Sinopharm) COVID-19 vaccine will be 'recognised' for all ages for the purpose of establishing a traveller's vaccination status when entering Australia.
- Media releasesTGA commences evaluation of Moderna COVID 19 vaccine (SPIKEVAX) for children aged 6 months to 5 years oldThe TGA has received and commenced evaluation of an application to extend the use of its COVID-19 vaccine, SPIKEVAX, to children aged 6 months to 5 years old.
- NewsOn 10 July 2020 the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) granted provisional approval to remdesivir ("Veklury", Gilead Sciences Pty Ltd) as the first treatment option for COVID-19
- NewsOn 20 August 2021 the TGA granted provisional approval to GlaxoSmithKline Australia Pty Ltd in relation to sotrovimab (XEVUDY).