You are here
The content on this page and other TGA archive pages is provided to assist research and may contain references to activities or policies that have no current application. See the full archive disclaimer.
Review of the labelling requirements for medicines - Consumer-focused labelling - A way forward?
Consumer-focused labelling - a way forward?
This paper was released in March 2002 for comment. It remains on this website as a historical reference.
The potential benefits of consumer-focused labelling can only be achieved by a cooperative approach between the TGA, industry and consumers. This paper summarises stakeholder's views and puts forward the TGA's proposals for a consumer-focused approach.
- Executive summary
- Background to the project
- The current system
- Reducing the complexity of the legislation
- Risk management and the role of the label
- Improving label effectiveness
- Attachment 1. Stakeholder consultation
- Attachment 2. Summary of stakeholder views on main questions