You are here
Consultation: Fees and charges proposal 2020-21
This consultation closed on 28 February 2020
The TGA sought comments from interested parties on the proposed changes in fees and charges for 2020-2021.
- Consultation: Fees and Charges Proposal 2020-21 (pdf,438kb)
- Consultation: Fees and Charges Proposal 2020-21 (docx,157kb)
Document released for consultation on Monday, 20 January 2020.
Interested parties should respond by close of business Friday, 28 February 2020. Late submissions will not be considered.
Feedback will be released following consideration of submissions. (See 'What will happen').
About the consultation
The TGA is undertaking a consultation through its website to seek stakeholder's views on TGA's proposed fees and charges for 2020-21. The consultation paper outlines the proposed changes to fees and charges effective from 1 July 2020.
Consistent with its approach to consultation in relation to fees and charges, the TGA met with industry representative groups in a series of bilateral meetings between 12 December 2019 and 17 December 2019 to discuss the TGA's financial outlook for 2020-21 and the proposed changes to fees and charges for 2020-21.
Prior to implementing the changes, the TGA would like to provide opportunity for any further comments through this consultation.
Content of submissions
Submissions may provide any comments related to proposed fees and charges for 2020-21 only.
Members of peak industry bodies that the TGA held bilateral meetings with (listed in the consultation paper) are encouraged to present their comments through the respective peak body so that the industry body can present a consolidated industry feedback to the TGA.
Any questions relating to submissions should be directed to the Regulatory Pricing and Decision Review Section by email to:TGAfeesandcharges@health.gov.au
What will happen
All submissions will be placed on this website unless marked confidential or indicated otherwise in the submission form (see Privacy information).
Submissions will be reviewed by the TGA. Feedback from interested parties will be considered before seeking government's approval of the 2020-21 fees and charges. A stakeholder feedback summary will be included in the TGA's cost recovery implementation statement.
- The TGA collects your personal information in this submission in order to:
- contact you if we would like to seek clarification of any issues raised in your submission or to check whether you consent to certain information that you have provided being made publicly available; and
- help provide context about your submission, e.g. to determine whether you are an individual or a director of a company or representing an interest group.
- Seek feedback about how the consultation was undertaken
- Please do not include personal information about other individuals in the body of your submission. Personal information in this context means information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
- More information on consultations and privacy is included in the submission form and on our website.