You are here
Complementary medicines reforms
- Update to the list of permitted indications for listed medicines
15 Feb 2019: Upcoming changes to the Changes to the Permissible Indication Therapeutic Goods (Permissible Indications) Determination have been published for the information of stakeholders.
- Evidence guidelines
1 Feb 2019: The Evidence guidelines: Guidelines on the evidence required to support indications for listed complementary medicines have been reviewed to incorporate changes to the regulatory framework for listed medicines arising from amendments to the Act that were effective 6 March 2018.
- Listed medicine compliance rating scheme
28 Nov 2018: A rating scheme has been introduced as part of the compliance review process to provide a standardised approach to rating the compliance of listed medicines according to risk
- Outcomes: Options for the implementation of a claimer for efficacy assessed non-prescription medicines
24 Sep 2018: Consultation outcomes published
- Outcomes of the consultation on the draft list of permitted indications
6 May 2018: Indications available for use for listed medicines are now contained in a 'list of permitted indications' which is contained in the Therapeutic Goods (Permissible Indications) Determination
- Changes to evaluation of substances for use in listed complementary medicines
3 May 2018: The TGA has introduced new application categories and legislated timeframes for evaluation of substances for use in listed complementary medicines.
- Assessed listed medicines pathway for complementary medicines
27 Mar 2018: The TGA has implemented a new assessed listed medicines pathway under section 26AE of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (the Act)
- Permitted indications for listed medicines
7 Mar 2018: The TGA has implemented a list of permitted indications for medicines listed under Section 26A of the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (the Act)
- Submissions received and TGA response: Business process improvements supporting complementary medicines assessment pathways
25 Jan 2018: Consultation outcomes published
- Submissions received and TGA response: Reforms to the regulatory framework for complementary medicines
11 Jul 2017: Consultation outcomes published
- Review and appeal rights for ingredient applicants
3 Jul 2017: On 1 July 2017 the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 was amended to provide for review and appeal rights in relation to the assessment of new ingredients for use in listed complementary medicines.
- Catalogue of permitted ingredients for use in listed medicine
4 Apr 2017: The TGA has published a searchable online catalogue of ingredients approved for use in listed medicines