Uniform recall procedure for therapeutic goods (URPTG), 2004 edition
12 April 2017
J. Responsibilities of state and territory co-ordinators
State/Territory Recall Co-ordinators have responsibilities in:
- Passing on product problem reports and recall action information to the Australian Recall Co-ordinator:
- Any problem which has been reported to a State/Territory Recall Co-ordinator is to be notified to the Australian Recall Co-ordinator without delay. Advice from sponsors should be referred to the Australian Recall Co-ordinator.
- Failures of goods found by State/Territory health authorities in testing for State Government tenders are to be notified to the Australian Recall Co-ordinator.
- State/Territory Recall Co-ordinators are to provide details of recalls to other relevant organisations in the State/Territory.
- Maintaining a current Rapid Alert System to communicate in an emergency, urgent safety related information to all public and private hospitals.
- Assist in the timely provision of critical recalls information to pharmacists and other professional groups.