You are here
TGA consumer survey 2018
Communication - satisfaction
Just under half of those who have communicated with the TGA in the last 2 years highlight they are Satisfied or Very satisfied with the communication experience (Table 44). One in four (25%) are nett dissatisfied. There is marked variation across samples in the survey, with the population (Panel) sample showing high levels of Nett satisfaction (80%) and the Opt-in sample showing very low levels of Nett satisfaction (26%) and high levels of Nett dissatisfaction (41%; Figure 25).
Table 44: Satisfaction with communications experience (%)
|Sample||Nett Dissatisfied||Very dissatisfied||Dissatisfied||Neither||Satisfied||Very Satisfied||Nett Satisfied||N|
|Population (Panel sample)||2.0||0.0||2.0||17.6||60.8||19.6||80.4||102|
Base: Contacted the TGA –last 2 years
A range of open ended comments were received in relation to the experience of communicating with the TGA. Amongst those who are satisfied with the experience, key themes to emerge include:
- Accuracy of information.
- Respectfulness of communications.
- Speed of response times.
- Easy access to information on the website.
- Friendliness and approachability of staff.
Among those who express dissatisfaction with the communication experience, common themes include:
- A focus on specific issues and concerns around the communication or handling of these concerns (commonly focussed on pelvic mesh implants).
- The ineffectiveness of complaints processes.
- Concerns about processes to identify and communicate regarding adverse events.
- A lack of follow up in communications.
- Frustrations with the website and finding information on the site.
- Drug assessment processes, outcomes and affordability.
- A lack of transparency in communications and decisions.
- Ensuring that responses answer the questions or queries asked.