Swanson full spectrum cilantro herbal supplement
The United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have posted a voluntary safety recall for the product Swanson Premium Brand Full Spectrum Cilantro (Coriander) Herbal Supplement, item SW1112, on the internet because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Recall - Firm Press Release: Swanson Health Products Recalls Full Spectrum Cilantro.
Swanson Full Spectrum Cilantro (Coriander) Herbal Supplement has not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation.
TGA investigations have shown that people in Australia may have bought the product online.
Information for consumers
The FDA advisory and recall included lot numbers 203921 and 204888, with a manufacturing date of 11/2013. The lot number and manufacturing date can be found on the label near the UPC code.
- Stop taking Swanson Full Spectrum Cilantro Herbal Supplement and take any remaining product to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have been taking Swanson Full Spectrum Cilantro Herbal Supplement and develop fever, nausea and vomiting, abdominal pain or diarrhoea, please seek medical attention.
Action the TGA is taking
- The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites.
- Products purchased over the Internet may contain undisclosed or potentially harmful ingredients; and
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
Report counterfeit medicines and medical devices
If you are worried about medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
|Phone:||1800 020 653|
|Online:||Report a perceived breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act or questionable practices relating to therapeutic products|