Slyn Both Green capsules
Slyn Both Green capsules pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested a product labelled Slyn Both Green capsules and found that:
- it contains the undeclared traces of the substance sibutramine.
- consumers are advised that sibutramine is a prescription-only substance which was withdrawn in October 2012 after a study showed an increased risk of major cardiac events in a medicine containing sibutramine.
The supply of Slyn Both Green capsules is illegal.
Slyn Both Green capsuleshave not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
Information for consumers
- Stop taking Slyn Both Green capsules and take any remaining capsules to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with Australian Customs and Border Protection Services (ACBPS) to help stop future shipments of Slyn Both Green capsules from entering Australia.
If these capsules are found at the border by ACBPS they will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
Report counterfeit medicines and medical devices
If you are worried about counterfeit medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
1800 020 653