You are here
Rick's Hemp Oil Full Spectrum Hemp Supplement 500 mg
Rick's Hemp Oil Full Spectrum Hemp Supplement 500 mg poses a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested a product labelled Rick’s Hemp Oil Full Spectrum Hemp Supplement 500 mg and found:
- the undeclared substances cannabidiol (CBD) and the cannabinoid cannabichromene (CBC) in the oil; and
- high levels of the undeclared substance delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
Consumers are advised that THC is a prohibited substance included in Schedule 9 of the current Poisons Standard. Prohibited substances have a high propensity for dependency and abuse. The possession, use, sale or supply of prohibited substances is generally prohibited.
If a product contains substances that are included in the current Poisons Standard but those substances are not declared on the product or packaging, the product is counterfeit. Counterfeits, or fake products, imitate genuine products but contain undeclared and hazardous active ingredients. It is illegal to import or sell counterfeit products. Criminal and civil penalties can be imposed for such conduct.
Information for consumers
- Stop using Rick's Hemp Oil Full Spectrum Hemp Supplement 500 mg and take any remaining products to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have used any of these products and have concerns, consult your health care practitioner.
- If you suspect a side effect (adverse event) to any product, please make an online report to the TGA or telephone 1800 020 653.
- If you have concerns about any product (therapeutic goods) you can also make a report to the TGA.
Most medicinal cannabis products are unapproved therapeutic goods, which means they have not been assessed by the TGA for safety, quality or efficacy. However, where clinically appropriate, there are pathways for doctors to access medicinal cannabis products for their patients.
The TGA is working with other Commonwealth and State and Territory agencies to keep fraudulent medicines out of the marketplace.