Minicrosser-Cyclone DX mobility scooters
Consumer level recall
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) advises that Minicrosser-Cyclone DX, 3- and 4-wheel mobility scooters, Models 130T & 140T, manufactured before January 2007, are being recalled.
The recall is taking place after the controllers on these models spontaneously ignited due to a faulty controller setting.
This failure has only been reported in Europe. To date, there have been no reports of this type of failure in Australia.
Information for consumers
- Many owners of the Minicrosser-Cyclone DX, 3- and 4-wheel mobility scooters, Models 130T & 140T, manufactured before January 2007 have been advised of the problem by Pride Mobility Products Australia Pty Ltd, and had the controller setting adjusted.
- If this notice is the first time you have been made aware of the problem, please arrange for the immediate return of the mobility scooter to the company you bought it from.
- The controller setting will be adjusted at no cost to you.
- If you have family or friends who may have purchased one of these scooters, please encourage them to have the controller setting adjusted if they have not already done so.
- For further information please contact Pride Mobility Products customer contact centre in Australia on freecall 1800 800 990.
- Information on how to report a suspected problem with a medicine or medical device to the TGA can be found at ''Report a problem with a therapeutic product".
In August 2009, Pride Mobility Products Australia Pty Ltd contacted all distributors of Minicrosser-Cyclone DX, 3- and 4-wheel mobility scooters, Models 130T & 140T, manufactured before January 2007 and asked them to inform their customers of the recall. However, not all customers were able to be contacted.
Pride Mobility Products will advertise information about the recall in major daily newspapers in Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria, South Australia and the ACT on 19 January 2011.