You are here
Meducore easy automatic external defibrillator
Recall for product correction
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has been advised by Ferno Australia Pty Ltd that a small number of Meducore Easy Automatic External Defibrillator (AEDs) that are currently being recalled for product correction cannot be located.
Ferno Australia Pty Ltd is seeking to locate Meducore Easy Automatic External Defibrillators bearing the following serial numbers:
In order to locate the missing units, Ferno Australia Pty Ltd has advertised these serial numbers on the Ferno Australia website and in major national newspapers on 4 October 2011.
Any customers with one of these units should contact Ferno Australia Customer Support on 1800 804 647 for product correction and further information.
Information for patients and healthcare professionals
- The recall for product correction of the Meducore Easy AED is due to a capacitor charging problem that could potentially result in the device not delivering the required electrical shock needed to re-establish normal cardiac rhythm.
- The problem can be eliminated through an update to the device's firmware at the manufacturer's Service Centre in Germany. All Meducore Easy AEDs must be equipped with the new firmware as quickly as possible.
- Unaffected loan units are available to customers while faulty units are repaired.
- Ferno Australia has contacted all customers that have purchased the AED from them and the correction of these units is ongoing.
- Consumers and health professionals are encouraged to report problems with medicines or medical devices to the TGA.
The above units were supplied by another company no longer in operation, i.e. Weinmann Australia Pty Ltd and Ferno Australia Pty Ltd has no records of these sales.