BSN Hyper Shred capsules
BSN Hyper Shred capsules pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested BSN Hyper Shred capsules and found that:
- they contain the substance oxedrine (aka synepherine) at levels that require a prescription.
- consumers are advised that oxedrine is a prescription-only medicine. There are currently no products on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) containing the substance oxedrine.
- oxedrine may pose health risks which may be seriously increased if taken with interacting drugs by people consuming this product.
The supply of BSN Hyper Shred capsules is illegal.
BSN Hyper Shred capsules have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA. TGA investigations have shown that a number of people in Australia have bought the product online and in local stores.
Information for consumers
- Stop taking BSN Hyper Shred capsules and take any product to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
Action the TGA is taking
The TGA is working with Australian Customs and Border Protection Services (Customs) to help stop future shipments of BSN Hyper Shred capsules from entering Australia.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
Report counterfeit medicines and medical devices
If you are worried about counterfeit medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
|Phone:||1800 020 653|
|Online:||Report a perceived breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act or questionable practices relating to therapeutic products|