You are here
Botanical Slimming Soft Gel capsules, also known as Meizitang
TGA safety advisory
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) is aware that some Australian consumers may have purchased a product known as Botanical Slimming 100% Natural Soft Gel over the internet. This product may also be sold under the name of "Meizitang".
TGA's laboratory analyses have detected the presence of sibutramine, an undisclosed prescription-only substance. The consumption of this product may be harmful if taken without the supervision of a medical professional.
If you have purchased this product you are advised to cease using it and discard any remaining contents. If you have concerns over the use of this product, you should consult your health care practitioner.
Consumers are advised to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines over the internet. Products purchased in this way may not meet the same standards of safety, efficacy and quality as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia, and may contain unauthorised ingredients.
About the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA)
- The TGA is responsible for regulating medicines and medical devices in Australia.
- TGA administers the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (the Act), applying a risk management approach designed to ensure therapeutic goods supplied in Australia meet acceptable standards of quality, safety and efficacy (performance).
- The TGA relies on the public, healthcare professionals and industry to report problems with medicines or medical devices. TGA investigates reports to determine if regulatory action is warranted.
- When ordering medicines or medical devices on the internet, there is no guarantee of the quality, safety and effectiveness of the products.
- To report a problem with a medicine or medical device, please see Report a problem with a therapeutic product.