Yong Gang tablets
5 June 2013
Yong Gang tablets pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested Yong Gang tablets and found that:
- they contain the undeclared prescription substance tadalafil
- consumers are advised that tadalafil is a prescription-only substance (which is the active ingredient in the medicine Cialis)
- they also contain the undeclared prescription substance sildenafil.
- consumers are advised that sildenafil is a prescription-only substance (which is the active ingredient in the medicine Viagra).
The supply of Yong Gang tablets is illegal.
Yong Gang tablets have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
TGA investigations have shown that a number of people in Australia have bought the product online.
- Stop taking Yong Gang tablets and take any remaining tablets to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
The TGA is working with Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (Customs) to help stop future shipments of Yong Gang tablets from entering Australia.
If these tablets are found at the border by Customs they will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
If you are worried about counterfeit medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
|Phone:||1800 020 653|
|Online:||Report a perceived breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act or questionable practices relating to therapeutic products|
Content last updated: Wednesday, 5 June 2013
Web page last updated: Wednesday, 12 June 2013