5 October 2012
Jinmaoshiwang tablets pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
The Queensland Government Forensic and Scientific Services on behalf of the Western Australian (WA) Department of Health has tested Jinmaoshiwang tablets and found that:
- it contains the undeclared prescription substance sildenafil - despite the product label claim that it is made of herbal ingredients and contains no medicines.
- consumers are advised that sildenafil is a prescription-only medicine (which is the active ingredient in Viagra).
- the levels of sildenafil the tablets contain are higher than the levels approved by the TGA for prescription sildenafil.
The supply of Jinmaoshiwang tablets is illegal in Australia.
Jinmaoshiwang tablets have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
- Stop taking Jinmaoshiwang tablets and discard any remaining tablets.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
The TGA is working with WA Health and Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (Customs) to help stop future shipments of from entering Australia.
If these tablets are found at the border by Customs they will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
If you are worried about counterfeit medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
|Phone:||1800 020 653|
|Online:||Report a perceived breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act or questionable practices relating to therapeutic products|
Content last updated: Friday, 5 October 2012
Web page last updated: Tuesday, 9 October 2012