Greenridge herbal liquid medicines: swapped labels
16 February 2012
Batch 5972 of Greenridge Gastrocalm Liquid and batch 6797 of Greenridge Triplex Liquid are being recalled because the labels on these batches have been unintentionally swapped during the manufacturing process.
- the product labelled Greenridge Gastrocalm Liquid batch 5972 contains Greenridge Triplex Liquid
- the product labelled Greenridge Triplex Liquid batch 6797 contains Greenridge Gastrocalm Liquid.
The expiry date of the affected batches is 8/14. Both Gastrocalm and Triplex are supplied in 200ml bottles. No other batches are affected.
If you have any concerns about your health after using either of these products you should contact your health practitioner. It is unlikely that healthy consumers using these incorrectly labelled products will experience serious ill-health as a result of taking these products. You should:
- Discontinue use of batch 5972 of Greenridge Gastrocalm Liquid and batch 6797 of Greenridge Triplex Liquid.
- Contact the customer service line of Integria Healthcare Australia Pty Ltd on 1300 654 336 to arrange to return the product and receive a replacement.
People who are allergic to the daisy family of plants (Asteraceae / Compositae), to which Echinacea belongs, may experience allergic symptoms taking mislabelled Triplex.
Patients on certain prescription medications should not be taking some herbal medicines due to the potential for herb-drug interactions, such as immunosuppressant medications and Echinacea (i.e. Triplex). Information on these interactions is available from the Consumer Medicines Information leaflet supplied with your prescription or pharmacist-only medication.
Greenridge Gastrocalm Liquid is for use as a herbal antacid and for maintenance of healthy digestive function. It contains the herbal active ingredients:
- Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow)
- Filipendula ulmaria (Meadowsweet)
- Hydrastis canadensis (Golden seal).
Greenridge Triplex Liquid is for use in relieving the symptoms of upper respiratory tract infections such as common colds and flu. It contains several species of Echinacea as herbal active ingredients including:
- Echinacea angustifolia
- E. pallida
- E. purpurea
These products are included on the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods (ARTG) with numbers AUST L: 162892 (Triplex) and AUST L: 78911 (Gastrocalm).
Content last updated: Thursday, 16 February 2012
Web page last updated: Thursday, 25 July 2013