Extra Power powder sachets
Extra Power powder sachets pose a serious risk to your health, and should not be taken.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested Extra Power powder and found that:
- it contains the undeclared prescription substance aminotadalafil - this is despite the claim made on the box that it is made of herbal ingredients and contains no medicines.
- consumers are advised that aminotadalafil is an analogue of the prescription-only medicine tadalafil (which is the active ingredient in Cialis).
- the level of aminotadalafil contained in the powder is higher than the levels approved by the TGA for prescription medicines.
The commercial supply of Extra Power powder sachets in Australia is illegal.
Extra Power powder sachets have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
TGA investigations have shown that a number of people in Australia have bought the product online.
- Stop taking Extra Power powder sachets and discard any remaining powder sachets.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
The TGA is working with Australian Customs and Border Protection Service (Customs) to help stop future shipments of Extra Power powder sachets from entering Australia.
If these sachets are found at the border by Customs, they will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
If you are worried about counterfeit medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
- online: Report a perceived breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act or questionable practices relating to therapeutic products
- in writing, via post to:
Regulatory Compliance Unit
Therapeutic Goods Administration
PO Box 100
Woden ACT 2606