Best Slim capsules
Best Slim capsules pose a serious risk to your health and should not be taken.
The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) has tested Best Slim capsules and found that:
- it contains the undeclared prescription substance sibutramine - despite the product label claim that it is 100% Natural and contains no medicines.
- consumers are advised that sibutramine is a prescription-only medicine (which was the active ingredient in Reductil). It was withdrawn in October 2010 after a study showed an increased risk of major cardiac events.
- the product label states the contents are Best Slim pills, the products are actually soft gelatine capsules, green in colour.
The supply of Best Slim capsules is illegal.
Best Slim capsules have not been assessed by the TGA for quality, safety or efficacy as required under Australian legislation, and the place of manufacture is not approved by the TGA.
TGA investigations have shown that a number of people in Australia have bought the product online.
- Stop taking Best Slim capsules and take any remaining capsules to your local pharmacy for safe disposal.
- If you have any concerns arising from your use of this product, consult your health care practitioner.
The TGA is working with Australian Customs and Border Protection Services (Customs) to help stop future shipments of Best Slim capsules from entering Australia.
If these capsules are found at the border by Customs they will be seized and destroyed.
The TGA is advising consumers to exercise extreme caution when purchasing medicines from unknown overseas Internet sites. Products purchased over the Internet:
- may contain undisclosed and potentially harmful ingredients
- may not meet the same standards of quality, safety and efficacy as those approved by the TGA for supply in Australia.
If you are worried about counterfeit medicines or medical devices, and want to report an issue, you can report the matter to the TGA:
|Phone:||1800 020 653|
|Online:||Report a perceived breach of the Therapeutic Goods Act or questionable practices relating to therapeutic products|