Advertising basics, general information and enquiries
There are different requirements depending on the type of therapeutic good that is being advertised and who it is being advertised to. This page provides basic information on advertising regulation and how it is applied in different situations.
Basics of therapeutic goods advertising
The following links provide basic information on advertising therapeutic goods and the applicable legislation.
- What does it mean to advertise therapeutic goods?
- Why and how advertising of therapeutic goods is regulated
- Therapeutic goods legislation and advertising
- Report illegal or misleading ads
- Consumer guide to therapeutic goods advertising requirements
- 6 stages of complaint handling
- 10 things to look out for in medicine advertisements
- How to make a complaint
For specific audiences
- Pharmacy prescription price lists: Price information code of practice
- Advertising prescription medicines to health professionals
- Schedule 1 of the Therapeutic Goods Regulations explained
- Schedule 1 certificates
- Advertising to consumers - overview of offences
Advertising specific types of therapeutic goods
Requirements vary depending on the type of therapeutic good that is being advertised. The following resources provide more information on the types of therapeutic goods that someone may wish to advertise and the relevant controls. For further information, see the Australian Regulatory Guidelines for Advertising Therapeutic Goods (ARGATG).